Thursday, January 18, 2007

mysterious poetry

Okay, guys. This week has been busy for me, but I will do better at updating this. Really. :)

This week we have started new, but different, adventures in all classes. It is so neat! We are beginning to study some of my favorites!

My regular classes have begun to study mystery stories and are reading Chasing Vermeer. We are really getting into the puzzles in the book, as well as the playing with the pentominoes. Some of you have already gotten a twelve-piecer! Excellent! We are going to continue with the novel, but also look at what makes something a piece of art.

My challenge class has begun poetry and figures of speech. I love the poems you have already written. We have been focused on simile and metaphor this week, which can be tricky. Remember - NOUN VERB NOUN, NOT NOUN VERB ADJECTIVE! You are comparing something to something else, not describing it!

Okay, okay. You guys are so talented. I know the rest of the year is going to be fabulous. Keep it up! :)

No comments: