Tuesday, January 09, 2007

we're back!

Sorry, guys! I got lazy just before and after break. I will try to update regularly here on out.

This week we are celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday by learning about his life and work, as well as many of the other important people in the Civil Rights Movement. We watched a biography of MLK today and completed a KWL chart, detailing what we knew about him, wanted to learn about him, and learned about him. I even learned some things from that video!

We are also going to learn about other times in history during which people treated each other horribly based on arbitrary things like the color of their skin or their religion. Later this week we will be watching The Devil's Arithmetic, a wonderful film about the Holocaust. Some of you have read the book and I hope you are not disappointed by the movie - it is really quite good.

Also, I uploaded the memory box podcasts to the podcast manager on my website. Check them out and tell me what you think! :)

No comments: