Thursday, March 15, 2007

March madness?

Today seemed hectic, but that may just have been because grades were due and I was behind. Overall, I am pleased with the grades for third quarter. I expected them to drop, but most of you managed to keep it up. I will be giving you a breakdown of how many people had what grades in each class tomorrow. We'll see how each class stacked up. Even those of you struggling mostly managed to keep your heads above water. I want to see you do more than that during our last months together!

We did different things in each class today, which also contributed to the hectic feel of the day.
3/4 hour: We took the Tungsten and I cannot wait to see your scores! I think everyone did really well on our last Tungsten test of the year.
5/6 hour: We covered hyperbole and I think most of you got it down. Those examples you came up with were so good, they seemed like they came from the smartest people in the world (my lame attempt at one myself). We also read a little of Bronx Masquerade. My goal is to finish it tomorrow or Monday, but we will see.
7/8 hour: We did vocab charades, which is so much fun! We also prepared for a Socratic seminar tomorrow and I just know you will do fantastic. Jessica and Jordan have a chance to show they are really tops in the class by leading the discussion. It will be so much fun!

No comments: