Sunday, August 27, 2006

One down, Thirty nine to go...

It has been a fantastic first week and I want to get started putting our
daily activities up here since that is one purpose of this blog.

Because it was the first week, we didn't do a whole lot in class. Many things were passed out including, but not limited to:
  1. agenda books
  2. school activity calendars
  3. dividers
  4. early release schedule
  5. classroom expectations
  6. class syllabus

Several things need to come back, signed...

  1. civility contract
  2. record card
  3. online discussion permission slip

We also made nameplates for your desks to aid me in learning all of your names. I read Tulip Sees America by Cynthia Rylant. I also read "What's the worst that could happen?" by Bruce Coville from the book 13. We talked about your first writing assignment (due Monday) - a reading autobiography - and I handed out the scoring guide. That's about it. If I have forgotten anything, please comment and add to this list.

I think we are going to have a fabulous year together and I look forward to meeting all you parents on Thursday at the open house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least there wasn't that much homwork!

Anonymous said...

We started journaling in the begining class I think twice a week, Thursday and monday? Thats all I can think of!

mrs. wallace said...

We will be doing SSR on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and journaling on Tuesday and Thursday.

Thanks, Casey!

Anonymous said...

I like going to your class but it Is always cold in your room!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i dont think its that cold.

Anonymous said...

I like your class you are a fun taecher and I like your pink converses they are real cool!