Monday, September 11, 2006

elemental literature

Today we worked on literary elements some more with character and conflict. I think you guys are really doing well and getting it, so we will be moving on to setting and some of the other ones later this week. We read a story called "La Bamba" by Gary Soto and looked at character in a little more depth. We also went over some of the conflicts in the story (mainly internal). At the end of class, we reflected on 9/11 and I had you guys write what you were feeling. I really enjoyed our discussion of what happened and I can't wait to read what you wrote. You are all so insightful and analytical and wonderful!

Tomorrow we will be in the computer lab, typing our memoirs. If you finish, you can get on here and blog (provided I have a permission slip from your parent/guardian).

As a side note, I may have to postpone Witch of Blackbird Pond until next Thursday so that we can finish the short story elements.

Bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last book I have read was "Walk the Two Moons." the book was about this girl who took a vacation with her grandparents to Ohio. they are heading down there to hopefully find Sugars mom. i really liked this book. it was really good. i liked this book because i am part indian and the girl in this story is indian. the character i remember the most was the girl called sugar well i dont really remember her real name because i was some reall long indian name. i remember her the most because the whole story is based on her finding her mom, and because she is the main character.

Anonymous said...

The last book i read was this one book called There's a boy in the Girl's Bathroom. I really liked it i didn't even want to put it down it was so good.The character i remember the most is bradly chalker the bully until the counsler came.And helped him to be a nicer person

Anonymous said...

I thought that story was cool if I was in the story I would think it was funny to.He probably looked realy halarious.