Thursday, September 21, 2006

I've been moody

Today was so much fun! We went to the library and got Witch of Blackbird Pond. We'll be starting that tomorrow, so don't forget to bring it to class to start reading. We also read "The Lady or the Tiger" and you all were very upset by the ending! I know, I hate it too, but it is kind of a neat story. We worked on figuring out the theme of the story. At the end of class, we read "The Raven" (one of my very favorite poems!) and watched the Simpsons take on the classic Poe poem. That was the part I enjoyed most! You guys wrote about the mood Poe creates in it and how he achieves it.

Tomorrow we will be starting the novel and going over the Poe poem again since I feel like you guys were bowled over by it a bit. It's got a lot of difficult vocabulary and that can make it tough to understand. You will also get a study guide for the literary elements quiz on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY MS.SMITH!
HEY WE READ THE WITCH AND THE BLACK BIRD POND TODAY I FOUND IT KINDA HARD TO READ BECAUSE I THINK THEY HAVE SORTA A ENGLISH /// BRITISH ACSENT.. THE LADY IB THE BOOK KIT USEES WORDS IM UNFUMILULAR WITH I DONT THINK I SPELT THAT RIGHT.. BUT I THINK ONCE WE START READING THE BOOK MORE OFTEN.. THEN I THINK I WILL GET USED TO IT AND UNDERSTAND IT GET MORE INTRESTED WITH THE BOOK. I ALSO LIKE THE CARTOON WE WATCHED YESTERDAY THE SIMPSONS IT WAS FUNNIING BUT, I ACULLY GOT IT... I THINK WHEN YOU READ THE POEM I DIDNT ACULLY KNOW WHAT IT WAS TALKING ABOUT.. BUT WHEN WE SAW IT ON THE TV I UNDERSTUD MORE. I ALSO WAS DISAPOINTED ABOUT THE STORY THE LADY AND THE TIGER. BUT I KINDA LIKE THE ENDING AT THE SAME TIME I LIKE HOW.. IT LEAVES WHERE YOU COULD KINDA MAKE UR OWN ENDING UP.. BUT I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPINS.

PEACE
SAMO MANDINA<3