Monday, November 13, 2006

gang music

Today we compared and contrasted the two gangs in The Outsiders, the Socs and the greasers. We talked about it and then we listened to the music they each like. Finally, we used the clickers to determine which would identify with two other songs, "Did you ever have to make up your mind?" by the Lovin' Spoonful and "My Generation" by The Who. I really enjoyed it and I hope it will help you guys remember the differences between the two groups!

We also listened to a little bit of the next chapter, but I want you to finish it at home tonight. We will listen to a lot of it tomorrow and discuss it. We will also be going over the summaries and character charts, as well as the two worksheets on conflict and idioms. I have to say that from what I've seen, you guys really know conflict! Er...the literary kind..you know, not the physical kind. Aw, you know what I mean! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Outsiders is a really good book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This would be really funny listening to elvis fighting people

Anonymous said...

I like the book although i don't know why they hate each other.

Anonymous said...

Jasmine said.......

The book The Outsiders is really a good book. I can wait to see the movie.

Anonymous said...

that music was really really wired i would never listen to that kind of music!!!! no offence to anybody that does listen to it (ms. smith) lol!!!!!