Monday, March 12, 2007

so sue me...

Okay, okay, okay...I know I have been really bad about keeping this up-to-date during second semester. I also know that I have promised a couple of times to do better, but this time I mean it...really. Fourth quarter has begun and we are finishing poetry in the regular classes and working through The Hobbit in challenge class. I have been having a blast with these two subjects since I love poetry and science fiction/fantasy.

In regular classes: Today we looked at Nikki Grimes's website with the mobile lab and learned more about her. I had a good time with it. We were also going to take an online quiz to find out your learning styles, but the website wasn't working. Try it from home and let me know the results! Go here for the inventory quiz. I also introduced the projects you will be doing with Bronx Masquerade. Tomorrow will be a work day for it, so make sure you use that time wisely!

In challenge class: Today we spent some more time on riddles - they are so much fun and so difficult! You guys did a great job on them and I am impressed! We also read most of chapter 7, where they go to visit Beorn and ingeniously trick him into letting them all come in by telling the riveting story of their journey so far. You need to finish chapter 7 and read chapter 8 tonight. Also, your questions are due for chapters 6-7 tomorrow. Don't forget about the vocab due Wednesday. We will act out the words to see if you really know them.

I think this quarter will be the best! We are doing some of my favorite activities! I am excited for it all and I hope you are too.

No comments: