Tuesday, November 07, 2006

blades and sunsets?

Today we read some more of The Outsiders. I love this book! We are really exploring the class relationships and enjoying the wonderful language of the book. I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am! I will post a question tonight or tomorrow morning - so be on the lookout.

We also worked on summaries and I am so impressed with your skills. Those sixth grade teachers have taught you well! My challenge class will be posting podcast summaries of each chapter starting next Monday (or perhaps sooner?). So, that will be an added resource for everyone.

I neglected to warn you that we will be taking the Tungsten tomorrow. I am not sure if the paper copies have come back from the copy center yet, but I am hoping we can do it on paper first again since I think that helps you guys a lot! We'll find out! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like this book but ms. smith i was wondering how many times you have read this book to your class or how many times you have just read it to yourself???????????????????????????

mrs. wallace said...

This is the second year I have taught it, so it is the second time I have read it to students. But I read it when I was in 7th grade and loved it then.